NEW BOOKS COMING ON 11 MARCH 2013
The Libraries of Santa Laurensia
There are two libraries in Santa Laurensia. The first is located in the Christian Andersen Building and is designed for very young learners; it is only for preschool and kindergarten students. The other library is located on the second floor of the Mother Teresa Building and supports the intellectual development of elementary, junior high, and high school students.
Both of Santa Laurensia’s libraries offer educational support for students and teachers. The libraries are valuable sources of information for students, as it is here where students can broaden their knowledge, interests, and insight. They can also improve their language skills and find a path to independent learning and self-development. The library can also help students develop important research skills that will be essential for their success in higher education. The libraries also provide source teaching materials educators and staff to enable them to deliver meaningful and well-targeted lessons to our students. We continually update our library by adding the newest books and materials.
Monday – Friday: 07.15 – 15.30
Junior and senior high students can make use of the library at all times, including break hours. Kindergarten and elementary students can visit during their designated library time.
To match student educational needs to available information, our library is equipped with facilities that include:
- Personal computers with headphones for CD-Rom and Internet use;
- 40,000 library books, magazines, newspapers, teaching kits, posters, DVDs, and VCDs.
- Book-lending services;
- Library and research skills;
- Collaboration with teachers to prepare materials with subject themes;
- Activities to motivate students to love reading;
- Teaching aids especially for elementary and kindergarten students;
- Didactic materials to help train teachers and encourage professional development.
The library staff will kindly help you if you encounter any difficulties while using our collections or other facilities in the library.
Tel. (021) 539-8888 ext. 8420